Historical Archive

The Historical Archive of the Brotherhood of Santa Luzia, located in the “Edifício das Tílias” next to the Sanctuary, is a private archive of local scope. It permanently guards and preserves a documentary heritage that has been forming since 1884, the year the Brotherhood of Santa Luzia was founded.

The collection documents, in a broad and meticulous manner, the circumstances that led to the establishment of the brotherhood, and also recounts its activity as the governing entity of the Santuário do Sagrado Coração de Jesus.

The work of the Brotherhood had a fundamental impact on the landscape configuration of the hill, and is also connected to the construction of the neighboring building, the Hotel de Santa Luzia, also designed by Architect Miguel Ventura Terra.

As a testimony of the past, this documentary fund possesses undeniable historical and cultural value. The brotherhood allows the documents to be consulted, making it a precious source of information for researchers and scholars in various fields.”




From 9:00 AM to 5:00. PM Last request at 4:00 PM.


Obrigatório agendamento prévio para consulta.